Monday, January 26, 2015

nursery

Ezra's room is our favorite room in the house.
Around a year ago a roof leak ripped this room apart and it stayed that way for months while we waited for insurance money and contractors. When we found out Ezra was on the way, we brought in an electrician to add outlets- and he discovered knob and tube wiring throughout the room and the house- major fire hazard and major bummer. All I wanted to do was decorate this room- it was something I dreamt about since we first toured the house 3+ years ago. We struggled to get financing for the electrical work but with just two months to spare we worked with the greatest electricians ever to re-wire the entire house and make Ezra's room safe. With just a few weeks before our due date we were finally able to rip up carpet (and a million staples), refinish the floor, paint, build the crib and changing table and start to decorate. Since Ezra came 3 weeks early we weren't able to finish the room until now! It was a huge labor of love- and we are so proud and happy to gift this special room to our boy. I am already dreaming of reading in our cozy chair and playing with toys on the awesome floor. <3

The view coming up the stairs 

The E is decoupaged with maps of all the special places in our lives
Kilim rug (Pottery Barn)- super discount thanks to Mike

Lovely banners made by my dear friends for my baby shower
Gorgeous crib thanks to GG <3 
We scored this armoire a few years ago at the Habitat Restore
We moved it from our bedroom, painted to match the crib and
replaced the fabric inserts with chalkboards

My favorite reading corner- loved this Ikea hack I found on Pinterest
The shelves are actually spice racks!

Ikea bookshelf turned changing table- super functional since it can grow into a dresser with Ez

Me and my buddy 

Much of the artwork created by my friend Chris
E artwork by my creative sister in law Alyssa
Gorgeous dream catcher a sweet gift from my friend Tammy


A reminder of where we started 

No comments:

Post a Comment