Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Whole

Perhaps its because he is still so new to this world and fresh from my body that I can't imagine him growing up one day and being apart from me. The thought of my little baby being independent brings me to tears. Doesn't the universe know that he and I are meant to be connected...that the cord was only physical and our connection still pulses strong in my veins?

This little boy came to life inside of me and I think I'm only now fully realizing how incredible it all really was and is. Yesterday, his little stubby, tan fingers pressed firmly but lovingly into my chest while he was eating. The look in his eyes made it clear that I am still an extension of his body as he is mine. I placed my hand over his and wished there were a way to squeeze him into myself because the love felt too much.

Will I ever be whole without him?

Does this feeling last forever?

Or is it something that gradually eases with each stage in life to make growing up and apart hurt less?
Because I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment