Tuesday, May 24, 2011

in the ground

My precious seedlings traveling to their new home...
I spared my facebook friends this year- hundreds of pictures of my growing garden.

They should thank me.

Last year I was not so kind and I kept an album of my "precious babies" updated all summer.
I couldn't help it- it was thrilling to watch each seed peek up through the soil as a green stalk and then grow into something tall, gorgeous and productive.

I'm just as excited this year and happy that my precious seedlings are now planted in the Smith Garden. Thanks to Lauren and Joel for going in on a garden together in their beautiful (green/grassy) back yard.
I'm excited to harvest:

  • peas
  • cucumbers
  • squash (yellow and green)
  • beans 
  • corn 
  • eggplant
  • cherry tomatoes
  • steak tomatoes
  • jalapeƱo peppers
  • red peppers
  • sweet peppers
  • basil
  • oregano
  • cilantro 

The grand plan! 

The lovely raised bed

The proud gardeners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment